Friday, June 16, 2006

Survey Says...

I was petitioned to participate in the following survey. I've been a bit slow getting around to it, and I've had to do it piecemeal rather than in one sitting (not that that should affect anything). Anyway, here goes...

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. - On the 18th page, the 4th line says:
Page 18 is blank. On page 19, the 4th line (in its entirety, nothing more nor less) reads, "terranean basin, extending deep into the lands traveled by Herodotus". Is that really what I'm supposed to type or is it the 4th sentence? If it's the latter, then it reads, "The legions who quaked under the pharaoh, or the multitudes who scratched out a living from the soil of Persian kings, also experienced the world as a precarious place, served up by their social betters and delivered from on high."

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you touch?
Nothing if I go straight out to the left. Otherwise, there is plenty within reach--a telephone, the book I used for question #1, my glasses, a water bottle, and miscellaneous work forms.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
NBC's Last Comic Standing. It's somewhat of a crock, as they blatantly choose their participants not based on how funny they are but based on how diverse their personalities seem to be. Some of the comedians that have made it so far are laaaame. Other comedians were much better, but apparently too "normal" to convince the producers they would make for good television. It's irksome.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
6:50 a.m.

5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
6:28 a.m. Dang it! But I should have known because the call volumes haven't picked up quite yet (yes, I'm doing this portion of the survey at work--shame on me).

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The staccato typing of other customer service representatives, the low-chirps of certain buttons being pushed on our work phones, and the rote sympathies of my co-workers as they try to appease displeased customers.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I stepped all the way to my car at 5:00 a.m. so I could come to work and utilize my highly-developed customer service skills.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Um, the Blogger log-in screen I s'pose.

9. What are you wearing?
A dark blue button-up plaid shirt with a white t-shirt underneath, khaki pants, socks, shoes, a watch, a wedding ring, my unmentionables, and a beard.

10. Did you dream last night?
Probably. Nothing's coming to mind at the moment.

11. When did you last laugh?
Within the last 12 hours, I'm sure. Well, I've fake laughed plenty of times already today, but that's all part of my bonafide customer service skills (as mentioned in question #7).

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Fire alarms and clocks.

13. Seen anything weird lately?
My cousin, aka Aunt Grandma.

14. What do you think of this quiz?
I think I'd rather fill it out than do my job, which I'm coming pretty close to doing.

15. What is the last film you saw?
I saw a decent amount of Mission: Impossible III but I fell asleep. I saw The Break-Up in its entirety, and I wish I had fallen asleep and spared myself the agony.

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A new car (see here), a new computer (see here), a nice home in Atlanta so I could do away with the apartment search (yes, I'd still go to school), probably some new clothes, several CDs, and some good meals. Those would be my impulse purchases.

17. Do you like to dance?
Not for money or praise.

What happened to 18 & 19? Good question. Well wait, is that question #18 or #19???

20. George Bush:
I think this is a finish-the-sentence type of thing. Hopefully I edited the question correctly. Anyway, George Bush is ... the president. Um, I'm really not into politics so I probably don't have much to say. I know it's crazy not to have strong opinions on him one way or the other. I've heard enough that I feel less comfortable with his presidency than I'd like to, which is sad. But I'm also sure he gets plenty of underserved flack, as would almost any president (or public figure, for that matter).

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Well, I've been calling her Eddie because she has a penis. If it weren't for the whole penis thing, Melanie and I would probably have named her Aislyn (hey readers, there's been some discrepencies with how people say that name when they read it. Decide how you'd pronounce "Aislyn" and, if you can, sound it out in the comments. I really want to know how many people get it right -- currently, we're running at about 50-50).

#22 is also missing, eh?

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I would. I think it would be a really cool experience, though I'm not adventurous enough to live somewhere that isn't highly westernized. Europe or Australia works, but that's probably about it.

24. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate?
Welcome home.

25. Four or Five people who must also do this quiz in THEIR journal:
I hate to be a party pooper, but I really don't like forcing these things on anyone. This is probably because I doubt most people would comply, but by all means feel free if you're interested. There's probably only four or five of you reading this anyway...

3 comments:

  1. I shall relpy on my blog...if anyone cares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aislyn, hmmm. I think I'd pronounce it with a Z sound at the start - maybe A(insert z sound)lyn. I then asked my Ben what he thought to get another viewpoint (yes I am dull and have nothing to do tonight) and he said "Ace-Lynn."

    Then we had a semi-lively discussion about the "aisle" quality of the name and we came to our final vote of "I-lyn" (pronunciation wise). Also, Ben said that if this is the way you say it that it's a "cool" name. Although, when I have a girl I'm partial to Sage or Layla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going with ās´lin. (Trying to be as phonetically precise as possible.)

    ReplyDelete