Wednesday, September 29, 2004

A Message From Daddy

Every once in a while I have a day where I sincerely miss the kids I am yet to have. Today is one of those days. I used to think I'd have eleven. Sincerely. Now I don't know how many are even possible. I'm almost 26! That's over half way through my twenties. I know this is young in the grand scheme of things, and I've never been one to get all crazy over an age, but this feels significant. I should probably at least have my little Eddie by now. Where are you guys?!?!

I guess it's my responsibility to get you here. Sorry I'm such a swoah boke. I love you and miss you all.

2 comments:

  1. I love those melancholy feelings of what is yet to be. I feel a closeness to a daughter I don't have yet. I worry about my age and wishes that seem to fade in the passing of time. My dreams seem harder and harder to hold onto- a sense that there is more out there. Maybe the problem is, dreams need to fly, not be held onto. So, wish on a star for me.

    (P.S. Great math skills on the whole half way through your twenties comment!)

    ReplyDelete