Monday, May 09, 2005

Know What I Meme?

The school year is finally over. My Greek final wasn’t so bad because I didn’t expect it to be good. It worked out about as well as could be expected, and though I hadn’t gotten less than an A- on any other assignments or tests during the semester, my final grade is a B+. Once I finished the final, this is the exact grade I expected, so I guess I’m fine with it. I knew my performance was mediocre enough that my grade would be affected, but I felt decent enough about it not to expect too big a dip. In Latin, I got an A, which is also what I’d expected. My other two grades (Deductive Logic and Women in Ancient Greece & Rome) have not yet been posted. Up until I took the finals, I would have expected an easy A in both of these classes. Now I’m a little bit iffy. I made a decent blunder on the Deductive Logic final, one that could hurt me enough to drop me to an A-. As for the Women class, I didn’t study enough for the final and ended up answering several questions kind of half-heartedly. Either way, I think it’s impossible for me to get less than an A- in both classes, so I won’t complain. I’m just glad to be done.

In completely unrelated news, Kieran has compelled me to respond to something called a meme. From what I can gather, it is the blogging equivalent of those survey e-mails with which friends constantly bombard your inbox. You know the type: “Question #48: If you were a TV dinner, what kind would you be? Question #49: Would you rather drink sand or rubber cement?” and so on. Here’s how this particular meme works. Below is a list of hypothetical occupations. After you’ve cut-and-paste them to your own blog, you’re supposed to choose three of them and finish the thought (be it a sentence, a paragraph, or whatever). Apparently, you’re then supposed to “tag” other bloggers and force them to continue the meme (I don’t think there’s a rule with how many people you tag, but three seems to be the standard). Because most of the blogs I frequent have either already done this or are specialized blogs dealing with specific topics, I hereby tag Amie-J, Andy of Vermont, and Michèle. Still, I hope anyone who is interested and/or bored enough will go ahead with this. And most importantly, I hope they will enjoy it!


If I could be a scientist...
…I would be like Stephen Hawking. Well, not completely like Stephen Hawking, but I’d be a super-intelligent physicist as he is. I’d write profound bestsellers. My special area of interest would be time theory. I’d shed light on some of philosophy’s greatest questions, and perhaps I’d raise some new ones. I’d connect to God through the study of His work and feel constantly in awe. My curiosity would motivate me, but it would also be frustratingly insatiable once I realized the vastness of what I was studying. I’d probably get very little sleep.

If I could be a musician...
…I’d write the songs that make the young girls cry. Actually, I’d write songs that would make anyone with an artistic heart cry. And I’d write songs that would make everyone happy, too. I’d write all kinds of songs, and I’d sing them with unabashed passion. I’d play lots of instruments—guitar, piano, keyboard, drums. I’d want to be competent enough to sit down at any of them and have a good jam. And when someone else was sincerely touched by my music, I’d feel more understood and loved at that moment than at any other time.

If I could be an innkeeper...
I’d revel in a life of simplicity. I’d live in the Pacific Northwest and run a bed-and-breakfast type place and/or rent cabins. I’d enjoy meeting the tourists and I’d make sure they were well taken care of. I’d keep things quaint and charming. I’d love that my job afforded me the luxury of being home around my family most of the time. I’d read a lot. I’d close for the holidays. I’d be there to see my children grow up. And maybe I'd learn to garden after all.


If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a circus clown....(by Greg)
If I could be a llama-rider...(by Ogre)
If I could be a bonnie pirate...(By Teach)
If I could be a servicemember...(By Jeremy)
If I could be a business owner...(By Blue944)
If I could be an actor... (By Blue944)
If I could be a rich girl... (By V)
If I could be a witch...
If I could be a racer...
If I could be an assassin... (by Sex)
If I could be a Muslim cleric… (by JL)
If I could be an appliance...(by kieran)
If I could be a super-evil-genius... (by kieran)
If I could be a TV dinner… (by Benny K)

3 comments:

  1. oh, cool. guess i'm "it". :) sure, sounds like fun. might take me a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Benny,

    Thanks for tagging me . . . and thanks for the link too!

    I'm going to work on the meme right now, so please visit again soon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers my friend. I especially like #2 - don't we all dream of being the heartthrob, acoustic singer/songwriter? What a lucky man John Mayer must be!

    ReplyDelete