Thursday, May 21, 2015

We’re Just a Bunch of Sicky-Poos

For the last couple of weeks, it doesn’t seem there’s much to do or think about other than illness. I don’t know what mysterious illness has crept into my family, but kids will puke, then go a few days seemingly totally normal, then puke again. It’s been off-and-on with every single kid for about two weeks now. I think we are finally seeing a glimmer of hope, but this wouldn’t be the first time I’ve said that, so who the heck knows. The last person to vomit was Peter, yesterday around 9 or 10 AM. It was his third day of puking in the last couple of weeks, although there were no contiguous sick days in the bunch. It’s bizarre.

I say there is a glimmer of hope, but I’m speaking only of the flu-like symptoms that have been passed around from one kid to another and then back again, like a game of hot potato. Now it looks like a bout of the common cold is settling in. Beegy has had a really stuffy nose and coughs a decent amount. Yesterday, around 10 AM or so, he headed off to his bedroom, curled up under the covers, and took a nap, all without saying anything. Then, shortly after 3 PM, he said he was going to take another nap. That nap lasted until 8 AM or so today. He did wake up a few times, but was never up for very long and never out of his covers for more than a minute. Regrettably, tonight my throat feels a bit ticklish and mildly swollen. If that weren’t enough, Peter actually did start to say he doesn’t feel well again. Apparently, the glimmer of hope I mentioned in the first paragraph was indeed premature. (That’s what I get for writing an opening paragraph, then taking a break for a few hours before coming back to finish this blog post.)

I don’t know what to expect over the next few days. The kids have tomorrow off of school, which is nice, and Monday is Memorial Day, making it a four-day weekend in total. Here’s hoping people feel well enough to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment