Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day 2010

I had a very special Father’s Day this year. In the morning, Eddie and Peter (with a little help from Melanie) made me French toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage links. Melanie had even purchased orange juice, which is a rarity around here. It was quite a lavish breakfast. I felt quite pampered.

In the afternoon, I was blindfolded (at Eddie’s request) and given two wrapped gifts, one from Eddie and one from Peter. The gifts looked identical. When I opened them, I discovered two canisters of nuts—one can of almonds, and one can of cashews. The boys were very excited about giving them to me, which was super sweet. Of course, the idea came from Melanie. She said that, as far as she’s concerned, nuts are a must on Father’s Day. I agree. They do seem standard. I’m happy to be a dad who can look forward to cashews every year!

Thanks, Eddie, Peter, and Melanie! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. All of this looks delightful. What a wonderful tradition to get started...nuts on Father's Day.
    You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete