Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Literal Video

Some comedic geniuses have created a series of (well, two so far) “literal videos.” The idea is this: take a music video, strip it of its original vocal track, and insert a new vocal track featuring lyrics that more fully and accurately capture the goings-on of the accompanying video. It’s actually quite funny, and it’s all the better that the targeted videos thus far have been 1980s pop classics. Here is the literal video version of “Head Over Heels,” by one of my favorite 80s bands, Tears for Fears:

See more funny videos at Funny or Die


Prior to the “Head Over Heels” video, the literal video team had their way with A-ha’s “Take On Me,” commonly regarded as one of the awesomest music videos of all time. The result was not quite as humorous, but it has its moments. Take a look:

4 comments:

  1. Ben,
    Hello, I know you have no clue who I am, or maybe perhaps you do. My name is Jake Perrin, I am, or was a close friend of your Wife, many many years ago. You may remember ten years ago, I was on a mission in San Jose, CA; You and Mel were working at a credit card company together(if my memory serves me correctly). She used to write about this guy she liked at work, how he listened to her, made her feel happy. I will admit at the time, I was pretty jealous, but I understood. I think you will understand perfectly the meaning behind me saying how special she is. After over seven years of wondering what happened to Melanie, by some grace, the Lord allowed my wife to find a single picture with Her married name on it, which led us to your blog. I know, kind of corny, maybe creepy, but it is what it is. After finding both of your blogs, I can see that she is exactly what she said in her letters, Happy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for treating her with as much respect and love as you have. She is an amazing person, and though I don't know you, I must say you are, or must be amazingly exceptional yourself. Now that I got all that sappy stuff out, you two are welcome to view our family blog if you would like, http://theperrinexperience.blogspot.com -we try to keep it up to date with the goings on of life in the Perrin household. I hope now that now we have found you guys, we can become reacquainted as friends. I hope you don't mind if We add your blogs to our friends list, if so, let me know and we will remove them. (and as a respect to you, if you wish us not to view your blogs let me know, and it will be done.) Again, Ben, thank you... You two have a beautiful family. And I am so happy that you are happy. Have a great evening, and I hope to hear from you guys soon.
    With much respect,

    Jake Perrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to watch these with sound (I'm at work :( so I better wait, at least until it's less busy around here!)
    I just watched the movie Music and Lyrics again last night and was trying to remember what you'd said or if you'd seen it? I loved it! I love '80's stuff... like Jeff and Mel and Khrys! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. In cast you ever check back....
    James, Stephen, and Heather were over last night and we watched both videos again, this time with sound. Pretty funny!! They were enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete