1. They travel thousands of miles to visit you, and they immediately smother you with love and generosity upon their arrival.
2. They take you to tourist attractions in your own city that you’ve never even visited yourself! (For example, Zoo Atlanta and the Georgia Aquarium.)
3. They let you crowd up their otherwise spacious rental car, just so you can get stuck in traffic jams together.
4. You feel like you’re on vacation, just because they’re around!
5. Because they get you out and about in your own city, you feel more like a bona fide resident than you did before the out-of-towners showed up.
6. Because of them, you’ve finally found a nearby restaurant that you’re incredibly excited about (e.g. Pig-N-Chik).
7. They almost fool you into believing they like your kid as much as they like their own.
8. Even though food poisoning has them on the verge of puking, they hang out chatting with you rather than hiding away in the guest room.
9. They’re supposed to be on vacation, and yet they’re fixing your cupboard doors, loading your dishwasher, and debugging your computer.
10. Even though they’ve been living with you for a week, you’re still incredibly, incredibly sad to see them go.
To such good friends, thanks for visiting. We love you.