Thursday, December 01, 2005

Potpourri No. 9

Lots of discoveries lately. In no particular order:
  • Every time I see the name Pierce Brosnan, I think of Bronson Pinchot. Despite the vast difference between them, it takes me a moment to realize my mistake. Though you do have to admit, Pinchot sure would make for an interesting 007. ("I'm Bond. James Bond. Now don't be reedikalus!") Too bad they’ve already found Brosnan’s replacement!
  • Retro Junk is a cool website featuring movie previews, TV commercials, and TV show openings from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Get nostalgic (and nauseated) by seeing just how corny those shows we used to love really were! Kids Incorporated, Small Wonder, Atari commercials, and much, much more!
  • Speaking of 80’s TV shows, have you been losing sleep over the whereabouts of Willie Aimes, formerly known as Charles in Charge’s best friend, Buddy? Well, worry no more. He’s been saved, and now he’s saving the world! May I introduce to you, BibleMan!
  • Find yourself pining over Emma Watson, who plays Harry Potter’s Hermione Granger? Were you born in 1987 or any year prior? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then this is the site for you. (Politely lifted from Best Week Ever)
  • Having been equipped with StatCounter, I can now see what Internet searches are bringing people to my blog. Sadly, I’ve now realized the mistake of having the word “sucking” in my title. Nevertheless, there are some search queries that are both odd and family-friendly and which somehow drop web surfers into my proverbial lap. As inspired by JL Pagano, here is a sampling:
    • Why oranges rotten
    • Funny dirty words
    • Bouncing ball box shadow illusion
    • Price of oranges in 2005
    • Hallow blocks made of garbage (currently, I’m the #15 MSN result for this search!)
    • What kind of oranges go with a pink carpet? (currently, I’m the #1 MSN result for this search!)
    • Pink pig wearing cheesecake factory (currently, I’m the #10 Google result for this search!)
That is all. (Thanks, Jessica.)

5 comments:

  1. It's pretty funny to see some of the (cleaner) blog searches that find you. I guess having Oranges in the title does ask for a fair amount of things like knowing what price oranges go for.

    (You're welcome :) and nobody doesn't care anymore, which either means that somebody cares or that everyone does.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! Bronson Pinchot. That just made my morning! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yeah, where do I find the "sucking" you mentioned?
    Oh, Gosh, I'm sorry I was looking for something else!
    HA! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too funny... I knew the internet isn't a reliable source for research. Just look at the things you can find! And here I thought that Benny K was so inspirational, that's why everyone was on here... Who's looking for the price of oranges????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama Bear, in case you were referring to what I said, I was making fun of what the comments section says when no one's commented. It says something to the effect of "Nobody cared to comment," so after I commented, nobody didn't care to comment anymore...

    Um. I'm crazy. You're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete