Friday, March 18, 2005

Spring Broken

Just so people know I'm alive, I thought I would post while I have a brief moment. Being Spring Break, I thought I would post more than usual, but as it turns out, I have been quite detained. As most of you know, this is because of the new additions to Melanie's family -- both a nephew and an estranged, Spanish-speaking brother. Despite the joyous occasions, I've been in a good deal of pain thanks to a wigged-out leg. For some reason, I woke up about a week ago with pain in my left leg, reaching all the way up into my lower back. I think it's gotten slightly better, but I'm still crippled. Whether I've been standing for a while or sitting for a while, it hurts to change from one position to the other. I can't stand up completely straight without giving my back time to adjust. So, mostly, I limp around hunched over like Quasimodo. I usually feel best in the mornings, perhaps because of resting the leg, but when I'm going to sleep, my calf aches like mad. I'm hoping with all hope that I'll be back to normal by Monday so I can walk around campus with my both my pride and my comfort. As to why it's taken a week to get better in the first place, I have no idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment