Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012, Part 1

Writing about Christmas is very important to me. It’s a goal of mine every year to write in my journal on Christmas about Christmas. I want to capture all of the details. Because the holiday is so hectic, rarely do I actually write on Christmas Day. But even writing about it within the next day or two can be quite overwhelming; there are just too many details. Blogging about it is even worse because you can add photos. Rifling through the thousand digital photos you take on Christmas morning is time consuming enough without even trying to type up a description of the 50 you decide to share on your blog. It’s not a simple chore for the person who wants to represent thoroughly the experiences of the day.

That being said, I’m going to start posting pictures, hopefully adding a handful every day over the next several days, until I’ve captured most of our Christmastime festivities from the past few weeks. As much as possible, I’ll try to let the photographs speak for themselves, adding commentary only when I really can’t help myself. And so, here we go:

Early in December, we made gingerbread cookies as a family. We had a gay old time.













Melanie rightly complains that I always look squinty in photos. Here’s my attempt to remedy that.



Peter rocks out while making cookies.



The boys fashioned this cookie to look literally like poop. I think they did an amazing job.

Notice the poop cookie? Not so disgusting when decorated.

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment