Saturday, August 01, 2009

Tastes Like Chicken

Melanie and I live just a block or two from a Chick-Fil-A. They have a “play land” inside, complete with a twisty tunnel slide, that Edison is quite fond of. Recently, Chick-Fil-A closed down for remodeling, and because we drive past Chick-Fil-A anytime we go almost anywhere, Edison was quite aware of the fact that they were not open for business. He started asking us on a daily basis if Chick-Fil-A was open yet. (You’d think we go there all the time, based on Eddie’s badgering, but honestly we’d only been inside the place a couple of times.) Finally, a few days ago, they had a sign up announcing that their grand re-opening would be the next day. We informed Eddie and promised to take him there for the special event. The next evening, we headed to Chick-Fil-A, ordered a couple of milkshakes, and let Eddie play his heart out. While we were there, we also entered a drawing for “Free Chick-Fil-A for a Year!”


The above picture was taken just a few short hours ago. And what I am enjoying? The first of some 50 or so free combo meals I’ll be eating at Chick-Fil-A over the next year. That’s right! I’m one of the lucky winners of the “Free Chick-Fil-A for a Year” drawing! I was really quite surprised. I’ve never won any sort of drawing or contest like this. And what does it amount to? 52 coupons, each of which entitles me to a regular chicken sandwich combo. Truth be told, I’m splitting the winnings with my beloved bride, since if not for her, I probably wouldn’t have entered the contest anyway. Oh, and I like her company while I’m there. So I won’t be gorging on 52 combos over the next year. I’ll eat a modest 26. And it’s not as if it’s completely free. I had to pay $.30 for the lettuce and tomato, since that’s not part of the regular sandwich combo. And then there’s the matter of feeding the little ones, Eddie and Peter. That also costs extra. So, see, it’s not all glitz and glamour. But it is pretty cool.

6 comments:

  1. Now I am REALLY happy I married you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA............

    Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like glitz and glamour to me! Yay you! And phewf Melanie... it finally paid off! :) That wasn't nice at all... not funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. How exciting! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's actually really cool. I've entered many a contest over the years and have very little to show for it. In fact I have been wondering if most contests aren't just a sham. I am glad to finally know a grand prize winner (not to mention I've always wondered what a year's supply of anything was, because I can eat a lot in a year). Thanks for redeeming my faith in humanity

    ReplyDelete