Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Good News, Bad News

First the bad news: I got an email informing me that I had indeed made errors on my tax form. A few, in fact. For that reason, my electronic submission of my tax form was rejected. And one of the errors made a noticeable impact on the refund Melanie and I can be expecting.

Now for the good news: I’ve since made corrections to the tax form, some of which was just the correction of typos, resubmitted it, and received an email confirmation that the form has now been accepted. If the corrections I made are correct (and I still worry I could have made a mistake somewhere, though I feel confident I followed the directions as well as I could understand them), then the refund Melanie and I will be getting is about 10% larger than I had expected when I expressed my delightful surprise in my previous post.

God bless the low income family!

2 comments:

  1. WOW... How do I type a cheer of delight here? I'm so happy to hear that. Go wild, child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought is you must be paying your tithing :)

    ReplyDelete