Saturday, February 21, 2009

Meet My New Band

Life is horribly crazy at the moment. I’ve been grading exams all week and am just finally getting around to writing the three papers that I have due over the next few days. On top of it all, I was asked just a couple of days ago if I would speak at church tomorrow. Why not, right?

It seems the more you have to do, the harder it is to get going or keep focused. I don’t have time to write this post, which is probably why I’m writing it. And not having time to read other blogs is precisely how I came across this fun little meme. All in all, memes are the easiest posts to “write,” so I guess I’m not being completely negligent here. Anyway, this one was kind of fun. I got it from VH1’s entertainment blog, Best Week Ever, who claims to have gotten it from Facebook. By following a few simple rules, you end up “designing” an album cover—an album cover for a non-existent album of a non-existent band, of course, but that’s the fun of it.

Here’s the album cover I ended up creating. Below it are the instructions for creating your own. Have fun!


1 - Go to "wikipedia." Hit “Random Article” or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
2 - Go to "Random quotations" or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days” or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4 - Use Photoshop/MS Paint or similar to put it all together.
5- Post it to your blog or what have you.

2 comments:

  1. That's kind of cool. I guess to find out why your's is what it is, I'll have to go and look at my own or something? Fun. I'll have to find time later though- busy busy I should be and you are exactly right. That makes it even easier to avoid everything I should be doing! Haha. Good luck with all you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'll mess it all up. So I'll wait for Khrys to help me.

    (Dang...i'm getting tired of saying that so much.)

    ReplyDelete