Monday, May 05, 2008

Family of Four

Peter joined the family on Friday, May 2nd at 2:44 p.m. Melanie was originally scheduled for an induction today, Monday, May 5th (we’ve always dreamed of a Cinco de Mayo baby*), but her ripe little (or should I say, not so little!) cervix just couldn’t wait. Just like with Eddie, Melanie’s birth canal was rearing to go and it was questionable whether we’d even make it to the scheduled induction. Unlike with Eddie, we didn’t make it after all.

So, now I’m officially the father in a family of four. What the pfargtl?!? Even though I don’t feel too much in shock (yet) with Peter here, saying things like “family of four” and “I have two kids” and “my children / sons / boys” makes my brain stumble a bit. I can’t believe those phrases have application in my life. It’s bizarre!

The chances of me writing very frequently now that Peter’s on the scene are next to nil (at least for a while), but perhaps I’ll be able to drop brief lines or post a picture here and there. Speaking of which, here is a picture of my family …


Could I be any more blessed? I’m one happy man!

*Yes, I was being sarcastic about Cinco de Mayo

4 comments:

  1. OH BEN...I LOVE YOU ALL. I'M GLAD YOU'RE SO HAPPY. ME TOO. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Peter and Congrats, we wish you nothing but the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture! I can't believe my baby brother is a father of two! I'm in shock over it and can't tell you how badly I miss you. I really love you all so much! Take care and keep us posted. A line or picture is better than Nil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Now things are going to be even more fun. Hectic, but fun. Lucky you too, with that new baby smell around :)

    ReplyDelete