Monday, February 27, 2006

Four Play

Life’s been busy. When it comes to homework, I’ve been putting in a lot of overtime. Basically, I’m trying to get prepared for a mini-vacation my wife and I are taking this week. We’re flying out to visit my dad, who took a job in northern Arkansas last year. He’s been eager to get everyone out there to see where he lives, but Melanie and I have yet to do it. Now that Melanie’s off-track, we’ve got a few days to play. True, I’ve still got classes I should go to, but that’s never inspired me much. So I’ll skip a few days and let my dad fund a mini-vacation. Not too shabby of a deal. Not that I’m dying to find out what Arkansas is all about, but at least it’s hundreds of miles away from my “normal” life. I could use a break.

Because I don’t have much of interest to report, I’ll go ahead and post one of those surveys that typically get passed around via email. I’ve seen this same survey on a handful of other blogs, but my sister recently sent it to my email box. Rather than clutter other people’s inboxes, I’ll just post it here as a voluntary read. And I’m not “tagging” anybody to continue it. Do what you will. I’ll try to write something of greater interest once I’m back from AR.

THE SURVEY

Four jobs you have had in your life:
1. Pizza deliverer (for about three-and-a-half hours)
2. Clerk at Movie Buffs (a video rental store)
3. Staffing Support Administrator (with American Express—basically a do nothing job)
4. Customer Service Representative (for a newspaper company)

Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Better Off Dead
2. Back to the Future
3. Waiting for Guffman
4. Kissing Jessica Stein

Four places you have lived:
1. Rose Park (a neighborhood of Salt Lake City)
2. Sugar House (a better neighborhood of SLC)
3. Near the University of Utah (a more downtown-ish neighborhood of SLC)
4. South Salt Lake (a suburb of, you guessed it, SLC)

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Amazing Race
2. Arrested Development
3. NewsRadio (from what I remember – it's been a while)
4. Space Ghost: Coast to Coast

Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Seattle, WA
2. New York, NY
3. Washington D.C.
4. Victoria, Canada

Four web sites I visit daily:
1. Gmail
2. Hollywood Stock Exchange
3. My Yahoo!
4. Perseus Digital Library (for homework purposes)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Red Meat
2. Cheese
3. Garlic
4. Doughnuts

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Somewhere in Washington
2. Somewhere in Oregon
3. Somewhere in Canada
4. Somewhere in Virginia

Four friends I am tagging that I think will respond....
1. You
2. You
3. You in the hat
4. And you

1 comment: