Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Games for Dog Lovers

Because it’s always good to keep a few time-wasters tucked away in the old Favorites folder, I now present two essentially worthless games available free over the Internet.

The first game is Kitty Cannon. The object of the game, if you haven’t already guessed, is to launch a cat as far as possible by shooting it out of a cannon. You gain distance by bouncing the feline off of trampolines and exploding it with dynamite and so forth; your distance is deterred by carnivorous plants and randomly placed spikes. Actually, because everything is randomly placed, this is essentially a game of luck. There is no skill involved, but I found it rather addicting nonetheless. My best score is currently 1,213 yards. Should you beat that, go ahead and post it in my comments section and I will bestow upon you (what some may describe as) a prize.

Game number two is MMEOWW! Plague of Kittens. In this game, it is raining cats and…well, more cats, and it is up to you to prevent their deaths as they plummet to the ground. But there is a dilemma. Kittens that are safely helped to the ground will eventually credit you with more lives (and thus a longer game), but the big points—and big thrills—come from bouncing the cats as high into the air as possible and getting them to somersault. Hmmm. It’s a true ethical dilemma (a rather utilitarian one, methinks). The fact that this game actually requires some skill is probably its biggest deterrent. One must limit the fun he/she has with the kitties in order to prolong the experience, and vice versa. What a quandary!

Kudos to Little Fluffy Industries for sharing these games with the general public. Many more games can be found at their site, but be forewarned that many of them contain questionable material. There are logos under each game warning you of any offensive content that may be present, so you shouldn’t stumble upon anything by accident. That being said, I should warn you that the two games I mentioned above are rather bloody. Of course, I assume you realized that from their very descriptions, but if not, at least the cat’s out of the bag.

Ha ha.

4 comments:

  1. And to think I had to contend with games like hangman, cootie, checkers, monopoly and old maid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is horrible.

    Seriously dude I may puke.

    You owe me a keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! An avenue to vent my cat frustrations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed you said that you shouldn't come upon anything offensive accidentally... that means I can find it on purpose right? Oh, and I hate games that require skill. Just kidding. Actually I hate games that are all based on luck. I guess I just don't really like games... Hm...

    ReplyDelete