Thursday, October 07, 2004

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Am I the only one to suffer from shower-induced amnesia? It seems that all too often, while I'm showering, I cannot remember if I've washed my hair. Today, for example, I unintentionally washed my hair twice. And it's not like I washed my hair, then washed my body, then couldn't remember if I still needed to wash my hair (although this particular scenario has happened several times). I actually washed my hair, rinsed it, and then immediately starting washing it again. Such is the life of a deep thinker, I suppose--composing songs, wrestling philosophical quandaries...it's all very distracting.

P.S. I officially announced today that Friday, October 22 would be my last day working for the man. All donations are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I too suffer from deep thinking syndrome. Lately it's been especially bad. Not only can I not remember if I washed my face, but I wonder if the light I just passed was truly green or even if I just went to the bathroom or if I still need to go.

    As for your work ... onward and upward! Pursue what you love and let life take care of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this with homework. Any grade, good or bad is a total surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay, I get your point!

    Just kidding. It looks like the BLOG went crazy and posted your response three times. I've removed the two extra posts, mainly so people don't get all excited to read three thought-provoking responses from you and end up disappointed.

    I greatly appreciate your kind words. Truth be told, I hope my departure from work will allow me MORE time for family. The hard part will be getting together once I get rid of my car, a necessary sacrifice in light of no income. If nothing else, perhaps I can call you and pester you at work. You've got all the time in the world, right?

    ReplyDelete